Are you keen to put your research skills to good use and contribute to a more sustainable and equitable world? Would you like to be part of a vibrant, global consultancy with a growing team across five continents?
We are looking for a Research Manager or Senior Research Manager to join our UK team, with a focus on managing some of our high-profile consumer and stakeholder research studies and involvement in the full range of our research and advisory work. There is one role, but we are open to level of experience to find the right candidate – those with more experience will be considered for the Senior Research Manager level.
You will be working on a diverse range of projects – from interpreting attitudes and behaviours associated with sustainable and healthy living, to equipping companies with insight on how to take a positive role on social and environmental issues, to helping international NGOs understand and maximise their impact globally. Our projects are almost all about tackling big international challenges and you will get to work across global topics and with colleagues across the world, so you can discover different perspectives and maximise your impact.
In this role you will…
- Take a leading role on both consumer and stakeholder quantitative and qualitative research studies from design to delivery, supported by collaborative and experienced team members
- Contribute to our wider service offerings including desk research, trends analysis, benchmarking and sustainability consulting
- Be responsible for client communications and management, helping to build accounts and foster relationships
- Work alongside experienced consultants to design approaches and build recommendations for leading global brands across a wide range of sectors, impacting their strategy, communications and purpose
- Varied day to day activities including managing fieldwork partners, analysis and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data, report writing, presentations and workshops, and proposal writing
- You’ll report into one of our UK Associate Directors, who will guide you with career development and opportunities
- If you come in as Senior Research Manager, the role will be similar, the main differences are:
- Taking on more responsibility for the running of the projects, with less detailed guidance on tasks and management of more senior client relationships, presenting etc.
- Taking more of a leading role on developing strategic recommendations from research findings
- Spending more time on proposal development and helping win new clients.
We are looking for a team member with solid skills in quantitative research as well some experience with qualitative methodologies, who has the initiative and confidence to drive projects forward. This role will suit someone with a strong interest in social and environmental issues and how business can be a positive force in society.
Professional experience in this area is not essential and we are running a sustainability subject expertise training programme for employees to upskill and keep up to date with the topics.
- 3+ years’ experience of managing research programmes, ideally including large scale quantitative research (e.g., on social issues, brand and communications, reputation etc). 5+ years for senior research manager. Experience to specifically include:
- Questionnaire design and online survey testing
- Fieldwork management, ideally of multi-country/multi-stakeholder group projects
- Interpretation of quantitative data
- Report writing to a high standard, including written summaries of findings
- Presenting findings to clients
- A collaborative and proactive team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Confidence in analysing, interpreting and communicating findings from large datasets
- Clear and concise written communications; comfortable speaking in-person, via video conference and telephone
- Strong skills in MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluency in English is essential; fluency/good grasp of additional languages is desireable
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company – eligible after passing your probationary period
- A commitment to work-life balance and flexible office and home working
- Company-wide, 3-day annual retreat outside the UK
- Our London office is based in a vibrant co-working space near London Bridge, with a calendar of exciting events open to all members
- Pension scheme
GlobeScan is an independent, international insights and advisory consultancy. We work at the intersection of sustainability, brand purpose, and trust.
We partner with leading businesses, NGOs, and governmental organizations to deliver insights that guide decision-making and build strategies that contribute to a sustainable and equitable world. Follow this link to see a list of our clients.
Established in 1987, we have offices in Cape Town, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, Paris, San Francisco, São Paulo, and Toronto.
GlobeScan is a certified B Corporation (a global movement of people using business as a force for good), we are employee-owned, and driven by our purpose to build trusted leadership to create a better future. We are also a participant of the United Nations Global Compact.
GlobeScan is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to age, ethnicity, race, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, or disability. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please email email@example.com to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for GlobeScan and why you would be a good fit for the role (including examples of how your experience matches the key requirements outlined) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we will only consider applications that contain this information.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom and ideally based near London.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 13 JUlY 2022