Would you like to be part of our dynamic, global, and purpose-led team?
To further our global presence and practice, we are looking to recruit a passionate and motivated Sustainability Research Consultant based in Germany.
As part of the Research and Advisory Services team, you will focus on the delivery of research- based recommendations and advice to corporate and civil society clients. In this newly created role, you will lead on the development of proposals and participate in business development opportunities in collaboration with our European and global team with the intention of building client relationships in Germany and growing a small office.
- Work closely with team members to design research, oversee fieldwork, develop reports, and interpret data
- Present to senior level clients and lead workshops (e.g., diagnostic and action planning)
- Lead and manage key global accounts, providing senior counsel and strategic advice to clients
- Drive organic growth across existing accounts as well as developing new business opportunities in Germany and in other parts of Europe
- Write proposals
- Establish thought leadership to build brand awareness and increase visibility of GlobeScan’s unique expertise in the German market.
- Previous experience in applying social science techniques (e.g., research design, questionnaire development, analysis of data) specific to client needs, together with working closely with analysts to develop reports and interpret data
- Proven track record of project management, including oversight of the strategy, deliverable schedule, and budget, as well as providing senior client counsel
- Experience in successfully building account relationships organically and/or developing new business opportunities, including leading on drafting proposals
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the sustainability landscape including experience in how sustainability drives impact, reputation, and success, what constitutes strong corporate purpose and how to communicate and engage on ESG issues to a wide variety of audiences.
- A university level degree in a related field, ideally a Masters level
- 6+ years of relevant work experience either in a consulting role or in-house sustainability role
- Specific consultancy experience in:
- sustainability and corporate risks
- materiality assessments
- reputation management
- strategy and communications development
- Entrepreneurial commercial skills and practical business knowledge to identify opportunities in a highly competitive market
- A commitment to the sustainable development agenda
- Exceptional written and spoken skills in German and English
GlobeScan is an independent, international insights and advisory consultancy. Our core values as a Team are Collaborative; Caring; Agile; Innovative and Purposeful.
We work at the intersection of sustainability and ESG, brand and purpose, trust, and reputation. We partner with leading businesses, NGOs, and governmental organizations to deliver insights that guide decision-making and build strategies that contribute to a sustainable and equitable world. Follow this link to see a list of our clients.
Established in 1987, we have offices in Cape Town, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, Paris, San Francisco, São Paulo and Toronto.
GlobeScan is a certified B Corp (a global movement of people using business as a force for good), we are part employee-owned and driven by our purpose to build trusted leadership to create a better future. We are also a participant of the United Nations Global Compact. GlobeScan is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to age, ethnicity, race, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or disability. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please email email@example.com to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Send your CV and cover letter in English detailing why you would like to work for GlobeScan and why you would be a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.