Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the global sustainability reporting standard setter, and global power company, Enel, hosted two live online moderated discussions in 2019 which brought together business and policy representatives from around the world. These key stakeholders shared their views on the changes needed to ensure companies can actively contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how reporting and partnerships support this process.
The second forum in this series took place in November, to gather ideas and scope the vision for change, with 389 individuals from 59 countries taking part. This online discussion built on the first Forum in October, where current practice for SDG corporate reporting was explored.
Key highlights and ideas put forward from this second forum were:
- How to strengthen links between business reporting and SDG contributions
- Partnerships between business and government
- Private sector partnerships with other organizations
- What’s needed for effective corporate leadership
- Sustainable and scalable business models that support the impact of the SDGs