About the Survey
The GlobeScan/SustainAbility Leaders Survey is the longest-running survey of its kind and has tracked expert opinions on sustainable development leadership for over 20 years. In our latest survey, we analyze the viewpoints of over 700 sustainability experts to answer a number of pressing questions, including:
- Which companies and NGOs do experts believe are leading the sustainability agenda? What key factors set them apart?
- How can young adults most influence the sustainability agenda?
The 2018 GlobeScan-Sustainability Leaders Survey shows Unilever’s top ranking among global experts for strong sustainability leadership continuing. Meanwhile, Interface, the only company to place in the Leaders Survey every year since inception, extended its unbroken run among the most admired companies for yet another year. Finally, Walmart has returned to the Leaders Survey highest echelon after a multi-year absence, while Apple and Danone have debuted among the most recognized companies.
For the first time in 2018, expert respondents were asked to assess how well leading companies perform against five key leadership attributes
- Collaboration and Advocacy
- For the eighth year in a row, Unilever is ranked as the top global corporate sustainability leader, mentioned by 47 percent of experts.
- Integrating sustainability values, making sustainability part of the core business model and strong executive leadership are the leading means by which expert respondents decide which companies to award top ranking
Read the full report from The 2018 Sustainability Leaders for more key findings.