Do you have a love for language, data, and a keen eye for detail? Would you like to be part of a purpose-led, employee-owned, and certified B Corp consultancy with a growing team across eight countries?
GlobeScan is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where all employees are valued and supported to reach their full potential and to help deliver on our purpose of co-creating a sustainable and equitable future.
We are a looking for a Proofreader with a minimum of three years of proofing/editing experience to join our Production Team.
In this role you will…
- Proof the accuracy of all data (both numeric and text format) presented in charts, tables, text, and diagrams using data tables, tracking documents, and GlobeScan’s style guide
- Ensure that documents contain proper grammatical form and style
- Ensure that charts are complete and logical
- Review charts as a whole to ensure that they make sense and check for anomalies
We are looking for a Proofreader with proven skills who will has the ability to look at the larger picture to ensure consistency. You are willing to dig into the details to ensure the highest quality. You possess rigorous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Post-secondary degree in English, proofreading, or a related field and a minimum of three years of proofing/editing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Exceptional English language skills with an eye for linguistic quality control
- Solid grasp of business communications; specialist terminology related to climate change and sustainable development considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Detail oriented and committed to quality
- A collaborative and proactive team player
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Company profit sharing program: discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company – eligible after passing your probationary period
- Company matching RRSP and group health plan (after six months)
- A commitment to work-life balance and flexible office and home working
- Company-wide, three-day annual retreat
- Working in a caring and global team culture
- Three weeks paid vacation days plus paid holiday during office closure between December 24 and New Year’s Day
GlobeScan is an independent, international insights and advisory consultancy. We work at the intersection of sustainability, brand purpose, and trust.
We partner with leading businesses, NGOs, and governmental organizations to deliver insights that guide decision-making and build strategies that contribute to a sustainable and equitable world. Follow this link to see a list of our clients.
Established in 1987, we have offices in Cape Town, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, Paris, San Francisco, São Paulo, and Toronto.
GlobeScan is a certified B Corporation (a global movement of people using business as a force for good), we are employee-owned, and driven by our purpose to build trusted leadership to create a better future. We are also a participant of the United Nations Global Compact.
GlobeScan is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to age, ethnicity, race, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, or disability. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for GlobeScan and why you would be a good fit for the role (including examples of how your experience matches the key requirements outlined) to email@example.com.
Please note, we will only consider applications that contain this information.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Closing date for applications: 10 JUNE 2022