Key skills: Analysis, desk research, report writing, and communications
Experience: 2-4 years relevant experience
Topics include: Sustainability / ESG, reputation and purpose, consumer and stakeholder engagement
Reporting into: Director, San Francisco
Details: Combination of office / remote working (flexible)
Start date: January 2022
Are you keen to put your research skills to good use and contribute to a more sustainable and equitable world? Would you like to be part of a vibrant, global consultancy with a growing team across five continents?
We are looking for a Senior Research Analyst to join our U.S. team, with a focus on supporting our materiality assessments; qualitative studies; and stakeholder engagement projects, while also being involved in the full range of our research and advisory/consulting work, applied to sustainability, reputation, and purpose.
Ideally you will or can be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we are open to candidates from other US locations.
You will be working on a diverse range of projects to help equip companies, NGOs, and other large organizations with insight on how to take a positive role on social and environmental issues.
About this Role
- Provide support on studies from design to delivery, guided by collaborative and experienced team members
- Work alongside experienced consultants to design approaches and build recommendations for leading global brands across a range of sectors, impacting their strategy, communications, and purpose
- Gain experience of other approaches, including stakeholder research (both qualitative and quantitative), trends analysis, competitor benchmarking, and sustainability consulting
- Support the team on client reports, briefings and presentations, interpretation of data, charting, data coding, proofing, stakeholder mapping and database management, and landscape reviews
- Over time, gain increasing ownership of projects and opportunity to manage partner and client relationships
- You’ll report into the Director of GlobeScan’s San Francisco office, who will guide you with career development and opportunities
- Completed university/college degree in a related field (such as social sciences, consumer psychology, sustainability/corporate responsibility, business, marketing, etc.)
- Between 2-4 years agency or client-side experience in research, analysis or evidence-based consultancy for clients/internal stakeholders is ideal. However, we are open to candidates with different skill sets and comparable experience
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate findings from datasets
- Detail oriented and committed to quality
- A collaborative and proactive team player
- Ability to work independently and the ability to take the initiative
- Comfortable learning on projects in addition to formal training
- Clear and concise written communications; comfortable speaking in-person, via video conference and telephone
- Strong skills in MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience of data analysis / data visualisation or statistical analysis would be advantageous
- Fluency in English is essential; fluency/good grasp of additional languages is a bonus
We are looking for a team member with a solid grounding in research fundamentals and an inquisitive mindset. You have good attention to detail and can manage multiple tasks and work on a range of projects in tandem. You are comfortable jumping into projects, learning on the go, and working with a diverse global team.
This role will suit someone with a strong interest in social and environmental issues and how business can be a positive force in society, though professional experience in this area is not essential.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company – eligible after passing your probationary period
- Pension plan
- A commitment to work-life balance and flexible office and remote working
- Company-wide, 3-day annual retreat
- 15 paid vacation days and company-wide holiday office closure between December 24 and New Year’s Day
GlobeScan is an independent, international insights and advisory consultancy. We work at the intersection of sustainability and ESG, brand and purpose, trust, and reputation.
We partner with leading businesses, NGOs, and governmental organizations to deliver insights that guide decision-making and build strategies that contribute to a sustainable and equitable world. Follow this link to see a list of our clients.
Established in 1987, we have offices in Cape Town, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, Paris, San Francisco, São Paulo and Toronto. GlobeScan is a participant of the UN Global Compact and a Certified B Corporation.
GlobeScan is a certified B Corp (a global movement of people using business as a force for good), we are part employee-owned and driven by our purpose to build trusted leadership to create a better future. We are also a participant of the United Nations Global Compact.
GlobeScan is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to age, ethnicity, race, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or disability. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Send your CV and cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for GlobeScan and why you would be a good fit for the role (including examples of how your experience matches the key requirements outlined) to email@example.com.
Please note, we will only consider applications that contain this information.
Deadline to apply: December 17, 2021
Applicants must currently be eligible to work in the United States.