On June 13, 2013, the UN Global Compact officially launched the Canadian Local Network. GlobeScan, along with six founding signatory companies – Barrick Gold Corp, Scotiabank, Suncor Energy, Teck Resources Limited, TELUS, and Unilever Canada – helped to drive the initiative, which now has over 80 Canadian signatories from a wide range of sectors and industries.
The UN Global Compact is inviting other leading organizations to join the Canadian Network in a unique opportunity for companies and organizations across Canada to:
- Develop effective practices and solutions as part of an innovative multilateral initiative, focusing on human rights, labour, the environment, and anti-‐corruption;
- Connect with Canadian and international thought leaders in these areas;
- Tap into the global network and resources of the United Nations to develop and share made-in-Canada solutions;
- Interact and engage with peers beyond your own sector, and benefit from peer support and input on operationalizing the UN Global Compact’s 10 Principles.
For more details and to register your organization, please review the Membership Letter.
“As a Canadian SME (small/medium-sized enterprise), our six-year membership in the UN Global Compact has helped differentiate us in the marketplace, meet like-minded clients and partners, and formalize our CSR reporting. It has helped us think bigger and get better.” Doug Miller, Chairman, GlobeScan Incorporated
About the UN Global Compact
The UN Global Compact is a strategic policy initiative for businesses that are committed to aligning their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. For more information on the UN Global Compact and the Local Network in Canada visit: http://www.unglobalcompact.org/NetworksAroundTheWorld/local_network_sheet/CA.html
GlobeScan’s Communication on Progress
GlobeScan commits to the UN Global Compact to make the Global Compact ten principles part of our business strategy and day-to-day operations. Part of this commitment is to issue an annual Communication on Progress (COP), a public disclosure to our stakeholders on progress we have made in implementing the ten principles of the UN Global Compact, and in supporting broader UN development goals. Read our report
For More Information, Please Contact:
- Robin Miller, Manager, Communications, +1 416-969-3076, email@example.com