Supply chains are the arteries of modern economies, touching the lives of workers at production factories to end-consumers across the world. Operating within this complex global system is undoubtedly a challenge. Moreover, the complexities of our supply chains often become further entangled with obscure laws, cumbersome regulations and opaque governance.
This is changing. Brands are becoming more transparent and supply chains are getting more daylight… but it is only just morning.
In a series of webinars over the coming months, GlobeScan and Good World Solutions will shine a new light on supply chains. We will look at best practices and challenges on labor and the environment and we will zoom in on the emergence of technology as enablers and tools for better and more transparent supply chain management.
Webinar 1: Supply Chain and Labor: Unfiltered Data Directly from Workers
From October 10, 2016
To better understand what factors drive positive worker satisfaction and retention in Chinese factories, 10 leading brands and retailers partnered with Laborlink – inviting over 110,000 workers to complete a short survey on their current job satisfaction. The program results show that 73% of workers report high levels of workplace stress. In our October 10 webinar, we shared case studies of how this dataset has driven improvement, and how this model of direct worker engagement can boost job satisfaction and worker loyalty, in turn improving business outcomes like productivity and product quality. Speakers included: Wander Meijer, Director Asia Pacific, GlobeScan, Heather Franzese, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Good World Solutions, Edena Low, VP, Corporate Citizenship and External Affairs at Mattel, and Ernest Wong, Supply Chain Social and Environmental Program Manager at HP Inc.
Webinar 2: Emerging Technology in the Supply Chain: The (R)Evolution of Monitoring
When: December 13, 8:00 am London / 16:00 pm Hong Kong
The acceleration of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, smart robotics, virtual reality and wearable devices are disrupting a wide range of industries. The field of supply-chain monitoring is no different. Join us to learn about how new technology will challenge and transform long-held practices related to product sourcing and supply-chain auditing.
We invited exciting start-up companies with innovative technologies to join as panelists:
- Wander Meijer, Director Asia Pacific, GlobeScan
- Wander will put supply chains in the context of low trust in global companies and high expectation of the public in the societal responsibilities of corporations, using GlobeScan’s Radar global polling results. He will then moderate the discussion.
- Thomas Rausch, Co-Founder and Director of Strategy and Innovation, Good World Solutions
- Tom will speak to how emerging tech will enable more and better data capture from within supply-chains.
- Dr. Kevin Franklin, Senior Vice President, ELEVATE
- Kevin will discuss how supply-chain information is increasingly being combined with other data sources, and analyzed by smart algorithms to provide improved supply-chain insights.
- Pavlo Tanasyuk, CEO, BlockVerify
- Pavlo will comment on blockchain as supply-chain transparency’s next frontier, with examples from his company BlockVerify.
About Good World Solutions
Good World Solutions is a non-profit social enterprise with a vision – a world where every worker is heard and where worker well-being is integral to business success. Technology is how we achieve that vision. Since 2010, we have reached over 750,000 workers in 16+ countries, including China, India, and Bangladesh. We believe in the power of data insights and transparency to create safe and respectful workplaces. Learn more at GoodWorldSolutions.org