About the Survey
GlobeScan and Business Call to Action (BCtA) partnered to launch the 2018 State of Inclusive Business Survey to help advance core business activities that are inclusive of low-income populations and contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This report provides practical insights for companies on inclusive business, and identifies drivers of inclusive business motives and likelihood to commit. Stakeholders who took part in this study are all from BCtA’s own database of members and contacts, as well as GlobeScan’s community of sustainability professionals.
Launched at the United Nations in 2008, Business Call to Action (BCtA) is a global joint advocacy platform providing public recognition for the private sector’s contribution to development.
- Inclusive business is helping to reduce poverty
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are influencing business models
- Financing is the main barrier to success
- Many inclusive businesses are scaling up
- In order to scale, many look to new markets