GlobeScan is an insights and strategy firm that helps companies, NGOs and governmental organizations build the trust they need to create a better future. We are always looking for committed, values-driven social researchers and advisors for future opportunities in our offices in Toronto, London, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Cape Town, São Paulo and Paris. If you have a passion for working with some of the world’s most influential organizations, supporting them to become more effective and trusted leaders, please send us your CV.
GlobeScan is a strategy and insights consultancy, specializing in reputation, sustainability and purpose. We work with some of the world’s top brands, multilateral organizations and NGOs. You can take a look at our list of clients here.
We are a consultancy with a purpose – we help our clients build trusted leadership to create a better future. Our vision for a sustainable and equitable world has never been more important than it is now. We are a Certified B Corp, part of a global movement of people using business as a force for good.
We are looking for an intern to join our busy Toronto team. Our projects are varied, interesting and impactful. An internship with GlobeScan presents the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of activities. Tasks will vary, ranging from supporting the research team on client reports, briefings and presentations, desk research and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data, charting, data coding and proofing, to stakeholder mapping and database management.
What we can offer:
- Experience of working within a fast-paced boutique research consultancy
- The chance to apply your skills and knowledge to support GlobeScan’s work with top global brands, impacting their strategy, communications and purpose
- An international team based in Toronto, London, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Cape Town, São Paulo and Paris
- Interesting, diverse work across sectors and organizations
- On-the-job training and coaching in applied research skills
What we need from you:
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in relevant subject(s)
- Demonstrable interest in our focus areas and understanding of business and societal issues
- Clear and concise written communications
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate findings from data
- Detail oriented and a commitment to quality
- Proven research skills (from academia or work experience), with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An enthusiastic and proactive team player but able to think and work independently
If you are interested in this opportunity, we would like to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV and covering letter, describing why you would like to work for GlobeScan and why you think you would be a good fit for the role. Please include an example of your writing. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is February 15, 2018.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.