GlobeScan is a strategy and insights consultancy, specializing in reputation, sustainability and purpose. We are a world leader in identifying, understanding and engaging stakeholders in ways that provide strategic value for our clients. With offices in Toronto, London, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Cape Town, São Paulo and Paris, GlobeScan is consultancy with a purpose – we help our clients build trusted leadership to create a better future.
The Asia team, based in Hong Kong, works on sustainability strategy development for blue chip corporations, communication and wildlife demand reduction research for the world’s leading NGOs, and provides advice for multilateral organizations – see our clients.
GlobeScan’s Asian business has been growing fast and we are expanding in the region, with Hong Kong and Singapore as main hubs. We are seeking an ambitious Associate Director (AD) who has the ability and desire to lead the Asia team in the future from either Hong Kong or Singapore.
We offer an exciting, stimulating and very interesting working environment, with flexible arrangements on hours and days per week. You’ll become part of an international team of outgoing, enthusiastic staff, who care about each other, their work and the planet. GlobeScan is a certified B Corp and a partner to the UN Global Compact.
To apply, please send us your CV and covering letter, describing why you would like to work for GlobeScan and why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is April 30, 2020.
- Providing support in building and growing new client relationships, especially with the corporate sector, delivering insights and advice for sustainability strategies, reputation management and communications to client organizations.
- Reporting to the Director Asia Pacific, the AD will work independently, with a team on projects.
- Providing thought leadership on important issues facing Asia and the world.
- Managing all phases of client engagement, proposal development, research and stakeholder engagement projects, from acquisition through execution and client delivery.
- Responsible for coordination and supervision of the project team and deliverables, as well as working with the full global team.
- Reinforcing existing relationships with clients and looking for new opportunities among current and potential clients to be stronger partners.
Qualities and Experience
You will possess both a solid grounding in research and an inquisitive mindset with demonstrable interest in our focus areas and understanding of business and societal issues. You are a highly effective communicator, energetic and organised and committed to GlobeScan’s Mission of helping to foster a more sustainable and equitable world. You are able to demonstrate your experience in the following areas:
- 10+ years business experience in consultancy / practice, ideally with expertise in reputation and sustainability
- Providing thought leadership, presentations, articles, proposals, research
- Delivering webinars, seminars, presentations at conferences and clients
- Managing projects, from research design to analytics and report writing
- Writing proposals for clients, attend client pitches and winning business
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Academic knowledge of social science, corporate reputation and/or sustainability strategy
- Knowledge of the research process, including questionnaire design, analysis and reporting
- Strong client servicing skills, including excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to understand diverse clients’ needs
- A great team player, with an ability to build partnerships internally and externally, and to work effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Mature, flexible and able to deal with challenging situations, tight deadlines and demanding expectations
- Willing to attend seminars and client meetings after working hours
- Being passionate about the work we do, i.e. purpose driven
- Mandarin language capabilities are a great plus, but not an absolute requirement