GlobeScan (GS) is an insights and strategy consultancy, specializing in sustainability, reputation, and purpose. We are a world leader in identifying, understanding and engaging stakeholders in ways that provide strategic value for our clients. We work with some of the world’s top corporate brands, multilateral organizations, and NGOs.
GS is headquartered in Toronto and has 8 offices around the globe. Our Asia Pacific team based in Hong Kong focuses on building trust with our clients’ stakeholders, conducting consumer research on sustainable living and nature, advising on sustainability / ESG strategy development, and stakeholder engagement strategies. Our clients, globally, as well as in Asia, are blue chip corporations, international NGOs, and leaders in sustainability. See here for an overview.
The GS business in Asia Pacific is growing and we are expanding our team. We are seeking an enthusiastic analyst, someone who just finished university or an intern with our intention to hire this new colleague for a full-time position after the internship given successful performance.
We offer an exciting, stimulating and very interesting working environment, with flexible arrangements on hours and days per week and a mix of working from home and from the office in Sheung Wan. The candidate will be offered an extensive on-the-job training program, including project management, report writing, client visits and marketing activities and will receive a market-confirmed salary.
GlobeScan is a diversity inclusive employer, a participant of the United Nations Global Compact, and a Registered B Corp, part of a global movement of people using business as a force for good.
To apply, please send us your CV and covering letter, describing why you would like to work for GlobeScan and why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Hong Kong. The position will be open / the internship will begin in early January 2021. Closing date for applications is December 19 2020.
Please email your application to Ms. Ellen Tops: email@example.com
- Supporting the Project Team in the overall design and execution of quantitative and qualitative research projects, i.e. designing questionnaires, conducting interviews, analysing research data, producing charts and writing reports.
- Assisting in the production of client deliverables (reports, communications, presentations) with high standards and strict timelines.
- Visualising and presenting findings in ways that add value for clients.
- Conducting desk research on social, environmental and sustainability topics.
- Being part of different client projects at the same time with senior oversight.
Business development support:
- Input and assistance on thought leadership, presentations, articles, webinars, research papers.
- Share latest industry news around sustainability development in Hong Kong and Asia proactively.
- Commercial activities: growing the business beyond the current client base. An important part of the role will be attending meetings, events and webinars which feature environmental, social and sustainability topics in Hong Kong where we can further build our network and client base.
- Organizing, sending and following-up on email campaigns, webinars and correspondence.
- Building and maintaining a stakeholder database and sustainability community.
Skills and Experience
- Final year university student or higher, with a specialty on marketing, communications, social science, business management or specifically in a sustainability related area.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Strong interest in social and environmental issues.
- Curious and willing to try new things and able to self-learn proactively.
- Outgoing personality who enjoys meeting clients and other commercial initiatives.
- Attentive to detail, and a commitment to accuracy & quality.
- Enthusiastic and proactive team player with strong interpersonal skills, but able to think creatively and work independently.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Some work experience in a relevant field like marketing, business management and/or market research.
- Experience in a client service or project management environment.
- Demonstrable interest in our focus areas and understanding of business and societal issues in Hong Kong and Asia.
- Experience in research and business report writing with an emphasis of visualization of the results.