GlobeScan is a strategy and insights consultancy, specializing in purpose, sustainability and reputation. We work with some of the world’s top brands, multilateral organizations and NGOs to help them understand social and environmental contexts that affect their business strategy. You can take a look at our list of clients here.
Ultimately, our vision is to help global organizations work for a sustainable and equitable world. We are a Certified B Corp, and a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact. In 2018, GlobeScan was awarded status as a Best For The World B Corp Honoree for Workers.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our San Francisco office in a junior analyst role. The selected candidate will directly support meaningful, values-driven projects that have a demonstrable impact on influencing positive changes in business and society. Our primary objective is to find a self-motivated, purpose-driven individual who will work well in our small San Francisco office and also with our broader team across 5 other global offices.
This role will give you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects under the direction of senior executives, but will allow you to take the lead on smaller ad-hoc assignments.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
To apply: Please send us your CV and covering letter, describing:
- why you would like to work for GlobeScan and
- why you would be a good fit for the role.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.A.
Please email your application to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is September 30, 2018.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
- Being an important team member supporting senior executives in the design and execution of quantitative, qualitative and desk research projects, and other stakeholder engagement projects
- Working on several projects at the same time typically for different clients on different topics
- Being part of global project teams with colleagues in different offices and time zones
- Managing contact databases
- Basic data analysis and interpretation
- Drafting reports and presentations, using visual storytelling
- Supporting proposal writing
- Client and supplier relationship management
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Undergraduate degree in relevant subject(s) OR 2+ years of demonstrated relevant experience
- Demonstrable interest in our focus areas and understanding of business and societal issues
- A willingness to learn new skills and work collaboratively with others in a dynamic work environment
- Clear and concise written communications
- Experience working with large data sets and demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and communicate findings
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Proven research and analytical skills (from academia or work experience), with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to think and work independently, while also being an enthusiastic and proactive team player
GlobeScan Provides Unique Opportunities:
- The experience of working within a fast-paced boutique research consultancy
- The chance to apply your skills and knowledge to support GlobeScan’s work with top global brands, impacting their strategy, communications and purpose
- Working with an international team based in London, Toronto, San Francisco, Cape Town and Hong Kong
- Interesting, diverse work across sectors and organizations
- On-the-job training and coaching in applied research skills