Corporate Responsibility is Highly Motivating for Employees
The More Responsible My Company Is, the More Motivated I Am,
“Strongly Agree” and “Somewhat Agree,” Average of 19 Countries,* 2002–2020, Subsample: Corporate Employees**
More than ever, corporate responsibility is having an impact on employees’ motivation and loyalty. For employees at large companies, over nine in ten say they feel more motivated and more loyal because of their employers’ efforts to be socially and environmentally responsible. This is especially high among:
- Younger generations
- Those with average-to-high education
- People in emerging economies, especially in Latin America and Africa
This highlights a major benefit for purpose-driven companies: they can attract and retain the best talent.
- * Includes Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, UK, and USA.
- ** Work at large company with more than 1,000 employees
- Question wording: Please indicate if you strongly agree, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree, or strongly disagree with the following statement: The more socially and environmentally responsible my company becomes, the more motivated and loyal I become as an employee.
- Data source: GlobeScan Radar, our 27-country, 27,000-person public opinion study on views of business, government and NGOs, issues tracking, and shifting societal expectations.