On May 27, in partnership with Huawei, we hosted an informative webinar discussion about how progress on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be impacted in this post COVID-19 reality and the role of technology.
During the outbreak of COVID-19, there have been many conversations, webinars, and convenings on how the world is changing and how we are adapting. In this webinar, we looked more long-term – how business and society can respond to the emerging new reality, using the SDGs as the lens through which we can rebuild society.
With 2 key-note speakers and a panel of eminent experts, we explored how society can make sustainability the cornerstone of the ‘new normal’ through the SDGs and develop a system that values resilience as fundamental for a changing world.
The following set of international thought leaders shared their diverse perspectives:
- Catherine Chen, Corporate Senior Vice President, Director of the Board, Huawei
- Lukas Mandl, Member of the European Parliament
- Dr. Harriet Groom, Honorary Visiting Fellow, University of Cambridge
- Gerbrand Haverkamp, Executive Director, World Benchmarking Alliance
- Anne Marie Engtoft Larsen, Lead, Fourth Industrial Revolution, World Economic Forum
- Federico Bonaglia, Deputy Director, OECD Development Centre
- Kazuhiko Shigetoku, Member, The House of Representatives of the National Assembly of Japan