Every two years, the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and GlobeScan conduct one of the largest seafood consumer surveys in the world, engaging over 20,000 consumers in 23 markets.
This year’s results show high levels of concern for our oceans are driving a new wave of consumer activism, as conscious food consumers increasingly ‘vote with their forks’ to safeguard our oceans.
We recently hosted three webinars across global time zones (see details below) between 10-12 November 2020. In these sessions, we shared our findings, explored 2020 consumer trends in sustainable diets and seafood consumption, and debated how consumers may act in a post-COVID world.
The Americas webinar focused on regional findings and featured the following panelists:
- Tonette Lim, Responsible Sourcing Manager, Costco Wholesale
- Wesley Rose, VP of Seafood Merchandising, Whole Foods Market
- Kristen Stevens, Marketing Coordinator North America, MSC
- Eric Whan, Senior Director, GlobeScan
The Asia Pacific webinar focused on regional findings and featured the following panelists:
- Katie Saunders, General Manager Marketing, Simplot Australia
- Lucas Glanville, Director of Culinary Operations Singapore & South East Asia, Hyatt Hotels
- Anne Gabriel, Program Director Oceania, MSC
- Wander Meijer, Director, Asia Pacific, GlobeScan
The Europe/AMESA webinar focused on regional findings and featured the following panelists:
- Annelie Selander, Sustainability Director, Nomad Foods Europe
- Richard Stobart, Head of Marketing, MSC
- Caroline Holme, Senior Director, GlobeScan