Join us for our SDG Leadership Forum for Goal 14 on Wednesday, November 28, 2018.
As part of our ongoing series of online dialogues, the SDG Leadership Forum for Goal 14 (Life Below Water) offers an opportunity to explore the critical role that protection and restoration of ocean biodiversity can play in achieving the UN’s ambitious 2030 goals, and how different stakeholders can help ensuring healthy and productive oceans for both economic and environmental sustainable development.
register for this upcoming event
Oceans cover three quarters of the Earth’s surface, contain 97 per cent of the Earth’s water, and represent 99 per cent of the living space on the planet by volume. Over three billion people depend on marine and coastal biodiversity for their livelihoods. A sustainable future depends on careful management of this global resource. Yet there is continuous deterioration of coastal waters due to overfishing, pollution and the impact of climate change.
In this live, online, text-based discussion, hosted by the MSC, Nomad Foods, and GlobeScan, we will discuss:
- Why SDG #14 is behind other Goals in making progress and what are the obstacles
- How the fishing industry, consumers, NGOs, government and standards organisations can contribute to ensuring healthy and productive oceans; and
- What are the solutions, best practices and potential collaborations that can make significant difference and overcome current challenges and barriers.
Participants in this innovative online discussion on November 28 will have the opportunity to collaborate and uncover key challenges, inspire new thinking and share best practice solutions.
We’ll be joined by a diverse line-up of Guest Contributors with different perspectives and expertise. Stay tuned as additional guests are confirmed.
Note: There will be two sessions to facilitate participation from around the world:
- 28 November Session 1: 09:00 – 10:30 GMT
- 28 November Session 2: 15:00 – 16:30 GMT