Join us for a SDG Leadership Forum for Goal 9 on Thursday, November 1, 2018.
As part of our ongoing series of online dialogues, the SDG Leadership Forum for Goal 9 (Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure) offers an opportunity to explore the critical role technology innovation and digital infrastructure can play in achieving the United Nations’ ambitious 2030 goals, and the technology industry’s opportunity to help drive resilient and sustainable economic and environmental development.
In this live, online, text-based discussion, hosted by VMware and GlobeScan, we will discuss:
- why technology innovation and infrastructure are two of the most important requirements for global development;
- how can technology companies help economies be more resilient, especially amid growing disruptions; and
- how technology companies can target future innovation to help drive resilient and sustainable economic development.
Pat Gelsinger, CEO of VMware sets out the challenge and opportunity well: “Now more than ever, the tech community has a responsibility to engage and act. This applies not only to our own businesses but also to shaping global policy and regulatory frameworks to ensure that technology serves the greater good.”
Participants in this innovative online discussion on November 1 will have the opportunity to view and interact with a 30 minute panel discussion being live-streamed from VMware’s new Innovation Discovery Center, before delving further into the issues in the exclusive online, text-based discussion.
We will update you with more information and on special guests attending the live-streamed panel and those joining us in the online text-based discussion.
Note: There will be two sessions to facilitate participation from around the world:
- The first session will be on Thursday, November 1, 2018 from 9:00 A.M. – 10:30 AM PDT.
- A second session will be scheduled later in November targeted toward people in other time zones – please register to ensure you are provided with this information.